Outline of our lab.
There are two major research targets as below. (Figure 1)
Figure 1：Outline of our lab.(Closeup view)
Studies on biosynthesis of bioactive substances in traditional natural medicines
- Crystal structure analyses and structure-based engineering of plant-specific polyketide synthases
- Structure basis for indole prenyltransferase from Aspergillus fumigatus
- Heterologous expression and functional analysis of novel enzymes involved in the biosynthesis of bioactive substances
Basic research for naturally occurring bioactive substances in traditional natural medicines
- Discovery of naturally occurring anti-HIV agents that inhibit HIV-1 Vpr protein from natural medicines and analysis of their inhibition mechanisms
- Studies on antibacterial agents from natural medicines based on the FtsZ's inhibitory activity
- Discovery of novel anticancer agents from natural medicines and synthesis of their derivatives
- Complex structure analyses between protein and natural product for developing novel medicines
copyright© 2012 All rights reserved.
Divison of Natural Product Chemistry, Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama.
2630 Sugitani, Toyama-shi, Toyama, 930-0194, Japan. TEL/FAX:+81-76-434-7625